2019 Sydney East Athletics Championship
The Sydney East Athletics Carnival was held during Week 3 Tuesday 6 and Wednesday 7 August. Kirrawee was represented by 60 students in both individual events and 9 relay teams. Our students selected in the Sutherland Zone team were selected based on their outstanding performances at the Sutherland Zone Carnival last term. Students finishing 1st or 2nd in an event at the Sydney East carnival automatically qualified for the CHS State carnival. Athletes finishing third that met the qualifying standard also progressed.
This competition is of the highest standard with many State and Australian representatives member of our sporting region. We are extremely proud of all athletes that competed, with so many of our athletes finishing top 3 in their events and 21 students qualifying for State.
Special mention to be made of
- Jay Louison Roe of Year 10. Jay’s outstanding results over the two days were rewarded with the prestigious award of Sydney East Regional Age Champion in the 16 Boys Age Group. Jay also broke the record in the 16 Boys Triple Jump wining the event by almost 2 metres jumping 13.51m.
- Izobelle Louison Roe of year 7 also had a fabulous meet and broke the 12 Girls Long Jump record with a jump of 4.94 and finished 2nd in the 15G Triple Jump competing up 3 age groups.
- Amy Watson of year 9 got the sprint trifecta. After winning both the 100m and 200m individual races, Amy led the KHS 14 Girls Relay team to victory at the end of the carnival.
- India Seccombe of Year 10 also got a double cruising to wins in both the 1500m and 3000m.
- Eve Way placed in 4 events (jumping, sprinting and throwing) – an exceptional allround performance.
- Thomas Stephens won the 15B 3000m racing up an age group.
- Sarah Archer and Madeleine Day of year 12 finished 3rd in their event but their results were outstanding and they met the qualifying standard to compete at CHS.
- All our Sydney East Champions winning their respective age groups Amelia Kirby – Long Jump, Riley Crawford – 100m, Jordan Papadakis- Discus, Jay Slootweg – Shot.
Full results can be found of the Sydney East Website. Kirrawee High School place getters include
Jay Louison Roe 16B – 1st Triple Jump, 1st in 110m Hurdles, 2nd Long Jump
Eve Way 16G – 1st Javelin, 2nd Long Jump, 2nd 400m Hurdles, 3rd 400m
Izobelle Louison Roe 12G – 1st High Jump, 1st Long Jump. 2nd 15G Triple Jump
Amy Watson 14G – 1st 100m, 1st 200m, 1st Relay
Molly Fitzpatrick 13G – 2nd 400m, 3rd 200m, 3rd Long Jump, 3rd Relay
India Seccombe 16G – 1st 1500m, 1st 3000m
Riley Crawford 15B – 1st 100m, 2nd 200m
Sarah Archer 17G – 2nd 100m Hurdles, 3rd 400m Hurdles
Zara Lammers 15G – 2nd 200m, 3rd 100m
Jay Slootweg 12B – 1st Shot Put
Thomas Stephens 14B – 1st 15B 3000m
Amelia Kirby 14G – 1st Long Jump
Jordan Papadakis 15B – 1st Discus
Nicholas Papadakis 17B – 2nd Discus
Madeleine Day 17G – 3rd High Jump
Jack Bridger 16B – 3rd 100m, 3rd Triple Jump
Hayden Graham 13B – 3rd 200m
Cooper Lloyd – 3rd 1500m
Lucas McKenzie 15B – 3rd High Jump
14G Relay 1st – Amy Watson, Amelia Kirby, Mia Robinson, Christy Natoli
14B Relay 2nd – Tashi East, Nicholas Muir, Adam Bridger, Hayden Graham
12B Relay 3rd – Ryan Kim, James Carey, Craig Allan, Samuel Saszczak
13G Relay 3rd – Molly Fitzpatrick, Lily Payne, Chelsea Solomon, Natasha McCrea
Good luck to all our State Qualifiers that will compete at the CHS Athletics Championships held at SOPAC in Week 7.
Sutherland Zone Athletics Team and KHS Representatives at the Sydney East Athletics Carnival