School Counselling Service
Our School Psychologist/ Counsellor’s for this term are Liz Cinat (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday), and Ron Balderston (Friday). Students can refer to the School Counselling Service by:
1. letting reception know that they would like to meet with the Counsellor/ Psychologist,
2. caregivers contacting the Counsellor/ Psychologist on the student’s behalf, or
3. asking for a referral via a Year Advisor, Head Teacher Welfare, or Deputy Principal.
There are great mental health services operating in the Sutherland Shire if you would like to refer your child for mental health assistance and counselling:
- Beyond Blue’s NewAccess program is for young people aged over 16 years. This is a fantastic resource as they provide free mental health coaching for students feeling stressed or overwhelmed about everyday life issues. Here is a link for further information: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/newaccess
- Headspace Miranda provides mental health assistance, drug and alcohol counselling, and group-based programs. For more information, please see the Headspace Miranda website: https://headspace.org.au/headspace-centres/miranda
Just a reminder to all Year 11 students and their parents, that we are hoping to get the Study Without Stress workshop running in term 3. SWOS is a free group program delivered at high schools by Headspace. It is designed to equip students with strategies to face the stressors associated with completing the HSC. I encourage all Year 11 students to get on board with this program and get your registration form in.