2020 NSW Premier’s Reading Challenge
The Challenge is quickly drawing to a close, with a little over a month left before all student entries are to be finalised. Closing dates for the 2020 Challenge are as follows:
Friday August 28: Final date for entry of Student Reading Records by students.
Friday September 11: Final date for validation of Student Reading Records by coordinators.
To avoid possible issues with site congestion on these dates, we encourage you to finalise entries as early as possible. This will allow us time to resolve any issues that may arise before the system is closed for the 2020 Challenge.
Please read through the following support articles for information to help you with the process of finalising your 2020 PRC records:
- What changes have been made to the PRC rules for 2020?
- How do students add their BONUS choice books?
- See also: Adding Bonus choice books – video
- How can I add the same book to multiple students using the Virtual Reading Record function?
- This may be useful for adding the Bonus Choice Books to all students who have read an additional 5 choice books in 2020, or for adding the same list of books to reading records for all students in a class.
- See also: How can I copy the SRR from one student to others in the same class?
- How can I tell what certificates my students will receive this year?
- If your SRR count does not match up with what you expect a student should have completed, please check whether all their challenge history is showing on their SRR. They may have previous records that need to be merged – these requests need to be emailed to the PRC team by September 28 in order to be processed for 2020.
- How can I check on student progress in the Challenge?
- This article will assist you with finding out which SRRs are incomplete, complete and in need of validation, and validated.
- How do I validate a completed student reading record?
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to send us an email. Thank you for all your efforts as PRC coordinators this year, and for helping your students develop a love of reading for leisure and pleasure.
Over 100 new books were added to the booklist this week, and you can find them on the New Booklists download document, or on the regular booklists that are available on the PRC site. Thank you to everyone who has submitted suggestions for books for inclusion on the list, you have helped us craft the biggest booklist ever for students taking part in the NSWPRC. A huge thank you also to our review panel, who provide us with valuable feedback on all books as part of the extensive process they go through before being considered for inclusion on the list. If you have a suggestion for the booklist, please let us know!
WORDS & ART COMPETITION
The competition is back! For more information visit http://premiersreadingchallenge.nsw.edu.au
For any further information please contact the Librarian Cathy Barden.