School Vaccination Progam – COVID 19 Advice to Schools
Please read the following from the NSW Government Health – South Eastern Sydney Local Health District
The NSW Health School Vaccination Program will be continuing at this time. We have implemented additional infection control measures within our program to help minimise viral transmissions from students to nurses and students to students.
- Nursing staff are required to follow NSW Health protocols regarding their own health should they become sick, and stay at home. Our nursing staff will undertake a formal screening assessment prior to the clinic.
- Asking students to use alcohol hand rub prior to entering the vaccination area and leaving the vaccination area.
- Students who have a fever or cough will not be vaccinated, the nurse will perform a pre-vaccination assessment and determine the student’s suitability to be vaccinated. Catch-up vaccinations for these students can occur at our next visit – there is no need for the students to attend their GP for vaccinations. The school should follow their own protocols regarding screening and sending unwell students home.
- The use of alcohol hand rub by all nursing staff will continue as per NSW Health Hand Hygiene Protocols.
- All nursing staff will use masks during the clinic an added precaution
- Other Personal Protection Equipment has not been deemed necessary such as gloves or gowns.
Click here for further information on Vaccinations.
Any questions please phone South Eastern Public Health Unit on 9382 8333.
Please note that all consent forms will be sent home Term 3 Week 4. The Following Vaccinations will take place on Wednesday 19 August 2020
- Year 10 Meningococcal ACWY – 1 dose schedule
- Year 7 & Year 8 dTpa + HPV dose 1 or dose 2 – only for students who have previously missed the scheduled school visits.