New Reporting Format Years 7, 9 and 11
After a comprehensive 12 month collaborative process led by Mrs Blanch (Relieving Deputy Principal), Mr Mitchell (Head Teacher Mathematics) and Mrs Christodoulou (SASS Admin Staff), the new Kirrawee High School academic reports will be implemented this semester.
Mrs Blanch and Mr Mitchell worked together with the KHS P&C, 20 other high schools across NSW and the KHS Executive team to formulate the new reports that will be rolled out for Years 7, 9 and 11 this semester.
The feedback received has been overwhelmingly positive, noting that the new reports provide clear, succinct and meaningful feedback for how students have progressed over the assessment period and what they can do to continue to progress in the future.
The new reports feature:
- One subject per page
- Distribution of grades table showing how many of each grade were awarded in the course and which grade the student achieved
- Full words for learning outcome achievement levels (Outstanding, High, Sound, Basic, Limited)
- Learning overview comment by the Head Teacher or Course Coordinator
- Expansion of learning attributes (from 4 to 10), measured on a scale of Consistently/Sometimes/Rarely.
- Future learning goals comments in succinct dot point sentences
- Box-and-whisker graph for a visual representation of mark and rank within a course (seniors only)
As mentioned previously, the new academic reports will be implemented for Years 7, 9 and 11 in Semester 1. After seeking further feedback, the new reports will then be implemented for Years 7 to 11 in Semester 2, and all years in 2020. The new reports are being implemented with the full support and approval of the Kirrawee High School P&C.
The format of the new senior academic reports (left) and the format of the new junior academic reports (right). Reports will be issued electronically through the Sentral Parent Portal. Year 11 and 12 will be issued prior to the Parent/Teacher evening and Years 7-10 will be issued during week 10.