The Learning Centre, in conjunction with the Library, is used to maximise student outcomes and focus is on three key priority areas from the School Plan. Although the majority of students self -refer, the Learning Centre welcomes teacher referrals which meet the purposes of the Learning Centre.
The following services are currently being offered in the Learning Centre this year:
- Individual and small group tutoring
- Planning and implementation of study timetables and study skills
- Seminars and workshops
- Specialised assistance (e.g. UMAT preparation )
- ACCESS- UAC Support
- Early Entry-goal setting
- Support for competitions across all faculties.
- Supporting PBL across whole school
- Supporting Open High School students
- Supporting Distance Education students
SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS- Suggested areas as indicated by student support requests
- Exam technique- across KLA’s
- Creative writing
- Essay writing – general and subject specific
- English Paper 1
- Others TBA
This session are planned to run in term 1 -3 on Friday afternoons, dates TBA. Those students who study extension Maths and English will have a session provided elsewhere.
The Learning Centre Team
Peter Reeve and Melissa Kenehan