Year 10 Leadership Camp (Peer Support Group)
Event Date: 26/08/2019 - 28/08/2019
Kirrawee High School is offering a leadership camp to all of Year 10. During this camp there will be training sessions to become peer support leaders.
This training will be interwoven with other outdoor activities. The groups meet formally for up to eight sessions and undergo a structured course of activities designed to foster friendship, confidence, self-esteem and communication skills.
It has been recognised that while not all students will become Peer Support Leaders in Year 11, all students will benefit from the leadership training as well as the personal challenge and adventure activities on offer at the camp as preparation for Senior Schooling.
The Camp will be organised as follows;
- Monday 26th August – Wednesday 28th August 2019. Training to be spread over two and a half days, interwoven with the Outdoor Education Program. Some of the activities include: high ropes, abseiling, rock climbing, canoeing and leadership skills. Kirrawee teaching staff will conduct the Peer Support Leader training.
- Second day of training will take place at school following the camp. Training will be only for those students who will become peer support leaders.
At the conclusion of the camp, students can then choose to apply to become Peer Support Leaders to Year 7 in 2020. Working in groups of 3, they will be responsible for a small group of Year 7 students starting with the Year 6 orientation day later this year, then work with these students through the program for approximately 2 weeks at the beginning of next year.
- Venue – Outdoor Education Gosford (Mangrove Mountain)
- Cost – $285 – includes transport by bus to and from the camp location in Gosford, all meals, all camp activities supervised by camp staff.
- Times – Depart Kirrawee High School 8:30am Monday 26 August. Arrive back at Kirrawee High School 4:00pm Wednesday 28th August.
A payment can be made in small amounts but final payment must be made by Friday 26 July 2019. If extenuating circumstances arise while making payments by the set dates, arrangements can be made with the school.
Medical consent form, along with a student checklist and rules will be sent via email. The medical consent form needs to be completed and handed to Mr Hunt by Friday 26 July to guarantee your position.