Science Extension Workshop
Event Date: 08/11/2019 - 08/11/2019
Spend a day learning about the HSC science extension course exploring best scientific practice, experimental design, research techniques and reviewing statistical analysis of data.
We will focus on Modules 2 and 3 of the Science Extension course. Half the day will be spent exploring best practice experimental design and identifying potential challenges, with a view to good designs producing good analyses.
The other half of the day will be an exploration of various statistical hypothesis tests as detailed in the syllabus. This is also a chance for you and your students to meet some of our PhD student mentors. PhD candidates from across the faculty have volunteered their expertise to provide advice for your students as they undertake this exciting dive into authentic scientific research.
- Venue: Sydney University
- Transport: Train to Redfern and walk to university (Students will be required to purchase a ticket on the day or have an Opal Card with sufficient funds)
- Time: Meet 7:45 at Kirrawee Station. Return to Kirrawee station between 4:00 and 4:30
- Cost: Free but students need an Opal Card or Money to buy a ticket to and from Redfern Station
- Supervising Teachers: Ms Donohoe
- What to bring/Equipment Required: Device, pen pencil, notebook or paper
- What to wear: Full School Uniform
Students must make a genuine effort to catch up any school work missed as a result of attending this excursion.