Schools Spectacular Combined Choir 2019 – Performance 2
Event Date: 23/11/2019 - 23/11/2019
Participation in Schools Spectacular requires full commitment to all rehearsals and performances. You are expected to be at all rehearsals and performance or you will risk loosing your place in the combined choir. We are offered a very limited number of positions and we are very lucky to have the support of our school for our involvement.
Please consider all dates carefully and ensure that you can make a full commitment to Schools Spectacular.
Schools Spectacular requires students to learn a large amount of music from memory and is perfect for students who are enthusiastic about music and the arts, have good organisational skills, can maintain energy through long rehearsal and performance, and can represent our school as positive young people.
The cost for Schools Spectacular is $130 which includes the $60 participation fee and transport by bus to rehearsals and performances (please note, there is no return bus after the Friday performance, or on Saturday). Students will be provided with a black Schools Spectacular T-shirt for rehearsals, a white Schools Spectacular long sleeve T-shirt for performance and the choir prop bag.
Please note that no glass or metal drink bottles are permitted into Qudos Bank Arena. Security is very strict, I will let you know if there are any other specific security requirements as we get closer to the dates.
Schools Spectacular Combined Choir rehearsal dates and transport information:
Saturday 23 November 2019 – Performances
- NOTE: there is no organised transport for this day. Students are to meet Miss Moroney at Pole 16
- Venue: QUDOS Bank Arena, Sydney Olympic Park
- Uniform: White Schools Spectacular Choir shirt, black pants (no jeans, no rips), black socks, black shoes
- What to bring: Water, recess, lunch, money if you would like to purchase food or drinks in the break, a game or book for the break. In previous years it has been quite hot during the break so you may wish to bring a lighter material T-shirt to wear during the break.
- Meeting at: Pole 16 at 11:30am
- Matinee 12:00pm – 4:30pm
- Dinner break: 4:30-5:30pm
- Choir return to Qudos at 6:00pm
- Evening performance: 7:00pm – 10:30pm
- At the conclusion of the performance, students will meet their parents at pole 16 (outside the main entrance to Qudos). Students must be collected by a family member or friends family, with written permission.