Schools Spectacular Combined Choir 2019 – Dress Rehearsal
Event Date: 21/11/2019 - 21/11/2019
Participation in Schools Spectacular requires full commitment to all rehearsals and performances. You are expected to be at all rehearsals and performance or you will risk loosing your place in the combined choir. We are offered a very limited number of positions and we are very lucky to have the support of our school for our involvement.
Please consider all dates carefully and ensure that you can make a full commitment to Schools Spectacular.
Schools Spectacular requires students to learn a large amount of music from memory and is perfect for students who are enthusiastic about music and the arts, have good organisational skills, can maintain energy through long rehearsal and performance, and can represent our school as positive young people.
The cost for Schools Spectacular is $130 which includes the $60 participation fee and transport by bus to rehearsals and performances (please note, there is no return bus after the Friday performance, or on Saturday). Students will be provided with a black Schools Spectacular T-shirt for rehearsals, a white Schools Spectacular long sleeve T-shirt for performance and the choir prop bag.
Please note that no glass or metal drink bottles are permitted into Qudos Bank Arena. Security is very strict, I will let you know if there are any other specific security requirements as we get closer to the dates.
Schools Spectacular Combined Choir rehearsal dates and transport information:
Thursday 21 November 2019 – Dress Rehearsal
- Venue: QUDOS Bank Arena, Sydney Olympic Park
- Uniform: Black Schools Spectacular shirt (you will also need your white one for the proper dress rehearsal run through), black pants (no jeans, no rips), black socks, black shoes
- What to bring: A copy of the music (however, by this point, you should be performing from memory). White Schools Spectacular Choir shirt, water, recess and lunch.
- Meeting at: earliest possible time is 6:20am for 6:30am departure, however the exact times for this day are not yet available. It is more likely that we would leave around 8:30am
- Rehearsal time: 10:00am (TBC) – 7:00pm
- Lunch break: There may not be the opportunity to purchase food on this break, so please make sure you bring enough food for this long day