Schools Spectacular Combined Choir 2019 – Rehearsal 2
Event Date: 13/11/2019 - 13/11/2019
Participation in Schools Spectacular requires full commitment to all rehearsals and performances. You are expected to be at all rehearsals and performance or you will risk loosing your place in the combined choir. We are offered a very limited number of positions and we are very lucky to have the support of our school for our involvement.
Please consider all dates carefully and ensure that you can make a full commitment to Schools Spectacular.
Schools Spectacular requires students to learn a large amount of music from memory and is perfect for students who are enthusiastic about music and the arts, have good organisational skills, can maintain energy through long rehearsal and performance, and can represent our school as positive young people.
The cost for Schools Spectacular is $130 which includes the $60 participation fee and transport by bus to rehearsals and performances (please note, there is no return bus after the Friday performance, or on Saturday). Students will be provided with a black Schools Spectacular T-shirt for rehearsals, a white Schools Spectacular long sleeve T-shirt for performance and the choir prop bag.
Please note that no glass or metal drink bottles are permitted into Qudos Bank Arena. Security is very strict, I will let you know if there are any other specific security requirements as we get closer to the dates.
Schools Spectacular Combined Choir rehearsal dates and transport information:
Wednesday 13th November
- Venue: Salvation Army Congress Hall
- Uniform: Full school uniform, 2018 Schools Spectacular black T-shirt optional
- What to bring: A copy of the music, a pencil, water, recess, lunch, opal card
- Meeting at: Sutherland Station at 8:00am to travel by train to the Salvation Army Congress Hall
- Rehearsal time: 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Lunch break: It is possible that there will be time for students to travel in groups to purchase lunch nearby the venue, and then meet Miss Moroney and the rest of the group at the park. However, it is suggested that students pack lunch and recess, as it is not a guarantee that there will be enough time to purchase food
- After rehearsal: Students travel by train back to Sutherland station, arriving at approximately 4:00pm