Law Courts Excursion (Legal class 2)
Event Date: 28/08/2019 - 28/08/2019
Students currently enrolled in Year 11 Legal Studies are required to visit real life courtrooms to engage with the practice of law in reality. This excursion will help students gain an understanding of the role and jurisdiction of courts in NSW. Students will be spoken to by a Barrister and then proceed to visit the court rooms.
Students will be meeting at the Downing Centre Local Courts, they will make their own way to the courts and meet the teaching at 8am. Upon conclusion of the excursion, students will need to arrange their own methods of transport to go home.
- Aim/Reason for Excursion: To experience live court cases
- Venue: Downing Centre Sydney
- Transport: Students to make their own way to the Downing Centre
- Time: 8am meet, around 2pm dismissed from the city
- Supervising Teachers: Vincent Wang
- Cost: $15 to be paid at the office
- Last Date of Payment: 27th September 2019
- What to bring/Equipment Required: Morning tea, money for lunch
- What to wear: Full School uniform
- Return to class instructions (if excursion is not for a whole day): All Day excursion
- Students must make a genuine effort to catch up any school work missed as a result of attending this excursion.