Cockatoo Island year 9 Visual Arts
Event Date: 11/09/2019 - 11/09/2019
The Visual Arts class in which your child participates is going on an excursion to Cockatoo Island, Wednesday 11 September, 2019.
This excursion has been planned to supplement the work being done in Visual Arts as part of the students’ preparation for their unit of work on photography, painting and drawing.
- Travel will be by bus to and from Barangaroo Wharf, then ferry to Cockatoo Island.
- ROLL CALL WILL BE IN THE YEAR 7 PLAYGROUND AT 8:15am. Students will return to school by 3:00pm.
- Students will complete a digital photography task, and a series of mixed media tasks.
- Students would be advised to bring their own digital camera or smartphone.
- Full school uniform and enclosed shoes must be worn, with appropriate sun protection.
- Students are advised to bring their morning tea, lunch and something to drink throughout the day.
The total cost of the excursion is $27.00, plus a ferry trip using their OPAL card:
- $27.00 for the cost of travel by bus. This must be paid by Monday 9 of September 2019.
- An OPAL card with sufficient funds is required by each student for travel by ferry from Barangaroo.
- Barangaroo to Cockatoo Island. A return ticket to the island is $6.00.
OPAL cards can be purchased for $10.00 and will need to be purchased prior to the day of the excursion. Please note: students cannot use their school OPAL card for travel on this excursion.